Manager, Corrosion AnalyticsEngineering | Edmonton, AB, Canada
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: The Manager, Corrosion Analytics is an enthusiastic team player responsible for the growth and development of the Corrosion Analytics team in support of the divisional strategy. They will lead a team of analysts and engineers in the analysis and evaluation of pipeline inspection data. The Manager, Corrosion Analytics will be responsible for assisting and coaching analysts and engineers, ensuring processes and procedures are followed, developing training, and driving team growth and progression.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of analysts and engineers to analyze pipeline data and report findings and recommendations to our clients
- Develops and implements quality control protocols, and ensures the deliverables are in alignment with the client’s needs and the level of service and quality are consistent with Xylem’s Assessment Services standards
- Works with team to collect required Key Performance Indicators and uses to coach team, make and recommend improvements based on trends.
- Accountable for the professional development and performance of team members. Coaches team on building client relationships and representing Xylem professionally.
- Maintains professional memberships and generates white papers and technical documents to share with the industry at conferences, industry research initiatives, and workshops
- Mentors and develops analysts and engineers on direct assessment (DA) methods including internal corrosion direct assessment (ICDA), external corrosion direct assessment (ECDA), an stress corrosion cracking direct assessment (SCCDA).
- Provides technical support in cathodic protection technical analysis and design
- Keep informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes
- Delegates tasks and assigns projects to analysts and engineers
- Solve complex client issues
- Identifies, evaluates, investigates, and analyzes complex pipeline inspection data
- Generate safe work practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Professional Engineer designation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline preferred, with a minimum of 10 years of related work experience showing increasing responsibilities and broad supervision in terms of general objectives and limits
- Minimum of 5 years utilizing in-house Falcon software with ability to train team members
- Deep understanding of energy / water industry
- Excellent team leadership skills and experiences; prior indirect/direct supervisory experience preferred
- Is highly influential and persuasive, develops trusted relationships internally and externally
- Exhibits sound judgement, has the willingness to make decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution
- The ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- NACE Level 2 preferred
- Familiar with industry related regulations, codes, and best practices
- Familiar with overline survey techniques such as CP CIPS, DCVG, ACVG, ACCA, DOC, and GPS
- Experience conducting corrosion modeling, analysis and risk based assessment preferred
- Able to ensure project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, both internally and externally
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to manage change
- Demonstrate a commitment to Safety, Environment, and Quality
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!