Inside Sales RepresentativeSales | Middletown, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: HYPACK seeks an outstanding Inside Sales Representative for HYPACK products and services, especially HYPACK software products and software maintenance subscriptions. The successful candidate will respond to incoming sales opportunities by understanding customers' needs, answering questions, following up with additional information, and closing sales opportunities. Works with a globally-based sales team, and directly with customers in the North America Region (NAR).
The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing sales revenue for software products and maintenance plan subscriptions for HYPACK products and services. Uses strong technical and product knowledge to close on incoming sales opportunities for customer hydrographic surveying and dredging software, as well as software maintenance subscription renewals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receive orders from Sales team, incoming calls or via email; contact qualified leads for new sales; contact current customers for new software sales and software maintenance subscription renewals.
- Understand customer needs, provide answers to common product questions, follow up with additional information or a technical sales referral, and close sales opportunities.
- Complete denied party screenings.
- Prepare and send standard quotes using CRM (Salesforce.com).
- Stage information for received orders in tracking and fulfillment workflow systems (Jira).
- Monitor order completion through fulfillment and invoicing steps; fulfill new software license orders and maintenance plan subscription orders in the software license management system.
- Engage with customers whose maintenance plan subscriptions will lapse or have lapsed; collect updated customer information required to maintain user database.
- When needed, prepare sales orders and/or invoices using ERP (Dynamics AX).
- When needed, process customer credit card payments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing, science, management, engineering, communications, or similar.
- 2 or more years of experience selling or using HYPACK® software, other CAD or GIS software, or other hydrographic surveying and mapping software products.
- Ability to work as part of the HYPACK team; willing to take initiative; and willingness to be part of the Xylem culture.
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce, or other customer relationship management (CRM) software is an asset.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
- Travel requirement: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.