Factory General LaborerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand seeks to hire a Factory General Laborer. This position performs a variety of manufacturing duties necessary for general production or the assembly of water meters and various metering systems.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assembly, inspection, cleaning, sweeping, repairing, reporting, or the assisting others.
- Position typically requires the use and operation of a variety of simple machines, tools, and parts; and the ability to exercise judgment and care to ensure quality of work.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read, write, perform simple arithmetic, use simple gauges, and follow instructions
- One-year prior Industrial/Manufacturing experience gained from the machining, assembly, packaging, material handling, warehousing, electronics, or plastics injection molding industries is preferred.
- Related manufacturing or vocational-technical training in machine set-up or operation is highly preferred but not required.
- Basic computer familiarity is necessary.
- Must have solid prior work history.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing plant environment - safety glasses, safety equipment, and hearing protection may be necessary
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work all shifts. Candidates must be available to work all shifts (Day, Afternoon/Evening, and Night) on a non-rotating basis, and work both shift and weekend overtime as necessary.
- Ability to perform movements associated with part assembly, cleaning, sweeping
- Ability to perform simple lifting, pushing, pulling, and carrying
- Manufacturing plant environment with machinery, equipment and tools used in the assembly of water meters and various metering systems.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.