Fabricator/Welder 2Operations | Bridgeport, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: A Fabricator/Welder is responsible fitting, joining and fabricating portable pumping units and accessories by applying appropriate measurement and welding techniques. A Fabricator is also responsible for reworking finished products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings.
- Move machinery and equipment using forklifts, cranes, hoists, dollies and rollers.
- Dismantle and assemble pumping units and accessories.
- MIG and stick weld milled and stainless/carbon steel components (including rework of finished products) as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Align shafts utilizing laser equipment.
- Collaborate with co-workers in production of multi-component parts and large units.
- Inspect equipment as required to maintain proper function.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area on a daily basis and/or when required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Two – Four years’ experience in a production or job shop or Vocational Technical Center
- Fork lift certification preferred
- Knowledge of MIG and stick welding equipment and processes
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication of piping and structural steel assemblies
- Knowledge of assembling rotating equipment
- Knowledge of diesel and electric motor driven pump assembly preferred
- Ability to read and understand production assembly drawings and specifications and welding symbols
- Ability to lay out prototypes in the absence of assembly drawings
- Ability to operate manual or semi-automated welding equipment
- Ability to use measurement and aligning tools and/or equipment
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and be a team player
- Ability to work independently, as needed
- A welding test will be administered as part of the application process.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing (to 3’), manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Manual lifting and maneuvering of up to 50 pounds
- Equipment assisted (cranes/hoists) lifting and maneuvering exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
- Travel: minimal, if requested
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.