Engineering TechnicianEngineering | Texarkana, AR, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire an Engineering Technician to assist engineers and quality control personnel in projects relating to research and development, production operations, and quality control measures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supports activities, including, but not limited to:
- Production testing
- Fabrication and testing of product prototypes
- Return material evaluation, processing and testing
- Manufacturing quality inspections
- Works from shop drawings, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined engineering/quality plans to perform testing/inspections, as well as checkout and trouble-shooting return product or production failures.
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment such as test programs, coordinate measuring machines, micrometers, torque/impact wrenches, basic hand tools, cut off saws, grinders, pressure gauges, calipers, specialized test apparatuses, etc.
- Will be responsible for maintenance of the lab equipment, cleanliness of lab space, as well as coordination of equipment repairs.
- Must be capable of operating a forklift and become forklift certified (Smith-Blair testing)
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- Carry out special assignments as required by the QC Manager and/or Engineering Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications
- High School diploma; associates or bachelor’s degree desired or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Engineering and manufacturing experience desired
- Excellent Communication skills with strong English both written and spoken.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light to moderate lifting (25-35 lbs.), office and industrial manufacturing environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, reach, bend, kneel or stoop and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, fabrication, welding, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Work hours may keep individual after hours or be required to work weekends based on production demand and schedule.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.