Engineer, Application Engineering & Tender Support (Transport)Engineering | Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
1. Project Engineering: To review and prepare technical documents for ongoing projects which are related to electrical and ICA scope.
2. Application Support: To meet consultants/customers/vendors and understand proposal/tender requirements; propose suitable electrical and ICA package/solution to process managers for tender and enquiries; provide technical inputs/solutions during tender/project/testing & commissioning for Xylem scope of supply.
3. Test and Commissioning Support: Working as a site expert for programmable controllers of Pumping Station, UV, Ozone, Analytics etc. The scope may include review and modify of pre-embedded software programs as delivered with the products, so as to facilitate the commissioning / startup of the equipment, satisfy requirements on communications interface/integration to customer plant PLC and SCADA system, and providing technical advice to Project team/clients/and consultants.
The role will have ample collaboration opportunities with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), SEA Commercial & Application Engineering Teams, Project Execution Team and Aftermarket Team to engage key customers via preparing and submitting of Technical Engineering Submittals and obtaining client’s approval for these engineering submissions. The role will also have the opportunity of working with external parties like consultants, customers and Xylem’s vendors to provide his/her engineering input to solve the technical challenges
Working as an Electrical and ICA / Software Expert in South East Asia Region, focusing on electrical, programming, instrumentation and control scope, based in Singapore
Review and prepare project submissions based on Xylem scope of supply for clients / consultants’ approval on:
Electrical wiring diagram
Operation manual for project
Providing technical support on software programming in Xylem products supplied into South East Asia region. (both standard software and Xylem’s OEM software products) from design, selection, delivery, installation and start-up
Working with process integration manager, to meet consultants and customer and understand requirements of upcoming tenders, propose suitable solutions on electrical and ICA together with Xylem products for upcoming opportunities;
With support from Xylem Growth Centre, to review and modify pre-programmed Xylem products (PLCs, controllers, SCADA systems) supplied according to project requests.
With support from Xylem Growth Centre, providing technical insights to customer enquiries related to ICA scope, including recommend suitable ICA products to the process engineering team to form a package of products
To support SEA Project Team by crafting responses to Technical Queries coming from Consultant or Customer after consulting the relevant Technical Stakeholders.
To attend to project site and provide technical supports to Xylem electrical engineering team when necessary
To attend external meetings with customer, consultants and vendors when required.
Working with innovation team in developing / localization of Xylem existing and new products;
The applicant must be based in Singapore.
Degree in Electrical or Electronics/software engineering with
Minimum 4-6 years relevant experience in the electrical I&C engineering water/wastewater treatment plants.
Strong product knowledge of Product control panels such as:
Pump controllers and pumping stations
(Preferred) Converters, air compressor, blower, chillers / heat exchangers, etc.
PLC, HMI and SCADA
Online analyzers, networking monitoring devices.
- Experience in developing electrical design & pump control product like controllers, protection & monitoring devices, SCADA, cloud based solutions etc.
- Experiences in providing software development and validation throughout the product development and/or project execution.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols such as DNP3 / ModBus / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / Ethernet
- Knowledge on Communication Gateways and interfacing the Smart Products with the same to build a data network for remote monitoring.
- Sound understanding of Networking fundamentals TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Data traffic handling, VPN connection, Server-Client communication and customer interface.
- Experience in system building with PLC / HMI / SCADA / Embedded Controllers
- Knowledge of various regulatory standards – CE / UL / IEC etc.
- Software experiences of using Microsoft/Auto CAD
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Works well independently and also can be a good team player when necessary. Providing technical inputs to Sales proposal support for complicated offers based on your expertise, when needed.
- 20-30% oversea traveling time within South East Asia regions.
- Able to comply to EHS requirements while providing support at project site