Demand PlannerOperations | Calgary, AB, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Demand Planner for a full-time role based in Calgary, Alberta. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited about working in an organization dedicated to solving water challenges and you are passionate about what you do, waste no more time and apply!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review and validate all planned demands and determine the best method to fulfill requests
- Collaborate with end-users on lead times and desired schedules of materials
- Review, validate and create Production Orders based on priority
- Review and validate Min/Max replenishments with Inventory Manager and TPLs
- Assist with item set-up, material master maintenance, & trade compliance entries
- “Bill of Materials” (BOM) creation, management, and entry into the ERP system
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent procurement work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers
- Highly detail-oriented
- Customer service-oriented
- Provide schedule updates to internal stakeholders with regards to expediting & delivery status
- Maintain and continuously ensure accurate data in Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Build, analyze and report on monthly key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office utilization, specifically Excel
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.