Data AnalystEngineering | Manila, Philippines, Philippines
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst is accountable for the accurate analysis and quality delivery of our inspection reports to the owners of water and wastewater civil infrastructure. The Data Analyst will maintain responsibility for the analysis of collected acoustic data from Xylem’s innovative pipeline inspection platforms and Global Positioning System data utilizing various state of the art proprietary and Geographical Information System software and techniques.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively collaborate and delegate, during inspection, analysis and reporting process.
- Data Analyst will confirm the quality and completeness of data after data hand-off by the field team.
- Analyze acoustic data to identify and locate leaks and gas pockets within the inspected pipelines.
- Interpret and digitize pipeline drawings and correlate with acoustic data.
- Responsible for reviewing and issuing technical reports based on the analysis of acoustic data on-time as per contract.
- Manage GIS database and ensure data integrity to provide quality outputs for external and internal clients.
- Lead communication on data interpretations and inspection results with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible maintaining transparency, correctness and completeness of the preliminary inspection results and reports.
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote simplification, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Provide and receive feedback effectively.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography (preferred) or Physics or Engineering or equivalent from accredited universities.
- Background in ESRI’s ArcGIS software and extensions.
- Understanding of information management such as relational databases, transcribed pipeline data, Geographical Information System (GIS), and Global Positioning System (GPS).
- Strong knowledge of water system for example the ability to read and understand construction and pipeline drawings.
- Effectively communicates written and verbally with project delivery team.
- Time management skills and an ability to prioritize various tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to delegate tasks to others, provide feedback and communicate technical requirements/updates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Background in non-destructive testing data collection and data analysis.
- An aptitude for pattern recognition and attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Experience in pipeline management is an advantage.
- Knowledge in SQL or any programming language is a plus.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment and reach with hands and arms – currently working remote.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents, and other reports for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally assistance in field work.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an offer setting free from any disagreeable elements – currently remote due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Occasional travel may be required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.