Application Operations ManagerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Imagine working for a team of industry leading professionals providing real world, proven solutions for water, gas, and electric utilities. Envision yourself participating in the growth of the only US-based organization in the industry’s smart grid solutions portfolio, working with the largest Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) bases in the world and an extensively used Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) platform. Read below on how this critical role will impact our business objectives while helping the world!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead the team that Is the Technical customer interface
- Conducts in depth database monitoring and analysis for Sensus Regional Network Interface data streams.
- Responsible for system integrations & analysis for the Sensus FlexNet System.
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, hardware, firmware, and software.
- Monitor system hardware and software for proper delivery of data for customer operations.
- Assist customer to optimize the system information requirements for their business processes.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for product improvement.
- Engage development engineering in system troubleshooting as required
- Work with Field Sales teams, value added resellers, and distributors to deliver fully functional, configured, operational system that meets all of our customers Service level agreements.
- Develops bash shell/Perl Scripting as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences; or 10+ years of equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in design, development, or system engineer role.
- Experience in the utility or telecommunications considered a plus.
- Must have Perl and/or Unix shell scripting.
- Mid-level Unix and Windows administration experience.
- Recent Mid-level SQL experience (MS SQL, Postgres, and Oracle).
- Solid understanding of telecommunications concepts (CPE, backhaul, POTS networking).
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (ping, ssh, telnet, ftp, traceroute, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with little direction and also be a team player.
- Self-directed, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- General background in RF technologies.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com for customer service considered a plus.
- ITIL certification(s) a plus
- Willing to travel up to 50% at times
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.