Senior Project Manager - Water ResourcesEngineering | South Bend, IN, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: You will lead complex projects across the world using your expert project management skills, water industry technical knowledge, understanding of data-driven technologies, and your passion for client success.
You will plan and maintain project scopes, budgets, schedules, identify and mitigate risks, and communicate goals and results with project stakeholders. You will interface with professionals in water utilities as well as software engineers. Your projects often span product teams and time zones, and you are adept at keeping all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
This Senior Project Manager position is an early-stage technology division within the greater Xylem organization. Providing support in forming clear and understandable business and project processes, promoting team alignment, and outlining goals and milestones are crucial tasks for this early-stage team. You should thrive in a dynamic environment uncertainty and bring proficient communication and information sharing skills to the team.
Xylem’s team is hyper-focused on the use of big data, artificial intelligence, and the Internet of things to implement Intelligent Urban Water solutions, primarily for water utilities. Xylem’s team has clients worldwide, and is seeking to disrupt the status quo and drastically advance the water industry. This team’s mission is to help utilities save money and save the planet by dynamically managing water and wastewater infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with team members to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and on-scope.
- Operate effectively in a dynamic SaaS business environment by managing internal expectations as well as balancing business objectives with client goals
- Serve as project manager for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, scope, quality, contracts) and ensure project delivery for a variety of hardware, software and professional service projects.
- Maintain project management tools for project tracking, billing, and revenue forecast projections. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets)
- Understand Agile software development methodology & practices
- Serve as technical interface with clients, business managers and commercial teams and provide direction to the engineering and product management teams. Coordinate activities with engineers in other disciplines (environmental, civil, electrical, and software).
- Convey project results and findings to clients by means of oral discussions, presentations, and written project documentation.
- Actively contribute to the refinement and development of new product features and service offerings by working closely with product development team.
- Provide proposal support to Business Development team for Drinking Water Technology projects.
- Make complex, cutting-edge ideas understandable and exciting to utility managers and clients.
- Participate in organizational development within a rapidly growing team.
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and business processes across teams.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Graduation from a four-year university with a major in Engineering (Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical preferred), from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program, water resources, water and wastewater, asset management, or related field.
- A certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer issued by the local state/country authority a plus (or the ability to obtain within 12 months of employment).
- 7+ years of technology-related experience in providing water/wastewater utility consulting, planning and operation management levels.
- Engineering, Utility water asset management, consulting, data analytics, and water/wastewater condition assessment experience.
- Fluency in English with excellent technical report writing skills
- Must have education/experience and accountability for cost control and profit targets and managing a project budget.
- Familiarity with agile methodology a plus.
- Experience with developing and managing projects and programs, scheduling and implementation with ability to plan, assign, direct and coordinate a variety of functional specialties with overlapping work areas a plus.
- Experience with managing engineers, suppliers, and sub-contractors a plus.
- PMP and/or Scrum master Certification a plus.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused approach to project management.
- Ability to bring structure to a project while incorporating creativity and innovation into the solutions.
- Experience delivering early-stage technology products where the client is between the 1st and 5th recipient of the technology
- High emotional intelligence, with enthusiastic and innovative mindset to solve solutions and have an impact on client projects and team collaboration.
- Excellent communication skills to express complex ideas to professionally diverse audiences.
- Exposure to and open to learning different approaches and software for project management.
- Experience with taking ideas from concept through to completion in accordance with program objectives.
- Passion for Client Success and team impact
- Detail oriented and a passion to learn about new technologies
- Ability to quickly develop working knowledge of Xylem’s value propositions.
- Comprehend technical components of a SaaS deployment and communicate requirements to both business and technical client audiences
- Knowledge of project delivery methods, Agile software development, and client relationship building
- Comfortable with a fast-paced growth environment
- Ability to quickly adapt and innovate on business processes and team communications
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.