Regional Sales RepresentativeSales | Los Angeles, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem Analytics seeks to hire a Regional Sales Representative who is highly motivated, pro-active, detail oriented, and possesses excellent communication skills. The successful candidate possesses a professional demeanor, knowledge of Water Quality, Acoustic Doppler Technology, Currents, Waves, Discharge, Data Collection and Telemetry equipment and applications and has the ability to ensure the sales process is well orchestrated in their assigned geographic area; including but not limited to Southern CA, AZ, NV and HI.
Candidates will need to be based in one of these regions: Southern California, Arizona or Nevada*
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct Sales within Region
- Assist with development of territory sales plan
- Meet sales, profit and budget targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers, distribution partners and key organizations
- Prepare monthly sales reports and track territory performance
- Achieve quarterly and annual Sales goals for supported product lines
- Attend tradeshows / conferences – assist with the setup of tradeshow booths and related materials
- Provide Telephone and On-Site Support to Customers and Selling Partners
- Provide equipment training and installation support
- Effectively manage expenses and expense budget
- Assist and help maintain sales project pipeline and forecast
- Maintain accurate sales pipeline information through company’s CRM system
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, environmental, physical or ocean sciences, business degree, and/or 5+ years of similar work experience
- Technical experience such as in a field, lab, or environmental water testing role, hydrology, oceanography and/or working with analytical instrumentation is highly desired and or equivalent sales experience
- Minimum two years of direct sales experience in the Environmental Market or related field.
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Effective written and oral presentation skills
- High level of comfort working with a wide variety of people in a variety of settings
- Ability to multi-task through use of tools such as personal computer, telephones, and e-mail; and the ability to apply the knowledge of like or similar events into new situations
- Follow through on communications and responsibilities
- Personally confident and able to interact with all types of people.
- Successful history of problem solving/solution finding, listening and understanding business and equipment related issues, and be comfortable and capable in addressing large groups of people.
- This position will require the balancing of multiple priorities in an environment with the potential for fast-moving periods of high activity.
- Strong professional relationships within the environmental monitoring industry in the Western States
- Experience cross selling technical solutions
- Ability to mine SalesForce CRM data and create customized reports for strategic sales prospecting
- Experience organizing and leading user training
- Resides in CA, AZ, or NV.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time throughout cities, job sites, major highways and interstates (including tunnels and bridges) and in all weather conditions
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to field elements
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Office: Remote work from home; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Field Site: Regular exposure to field site conditions and hazards; e.g. boating, mills, mines, construction sites, water treatment plants, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours:40+
- Travel requirement:50%+ or as required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)