Programme / Senior Project ManagerProject Management | Throsk, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Programme / Senior Project Manager is an important role to support Xylems continued desire to continue to build a progressive and inclusive project management organisation supporting the delivery of vital water treatment and infrastructure projects and helping Xylem to solve some of the worlds water challenges. You will be joining at an exciting time in Xylem’s transformation to build a Lifecycle Services team to support our customers through a combination of our core brands, new and exciting digital technologies and our dedicated and talented team.
This is a key Project Delivery position; whilst not providing direct line management or directly project managing the purpose of this role is to provide commercial, financial and governance support to the project team and to monitor and minimise commercial and other risks for projects and batches of projects undertaken by the project team.
The incumbent must be skilled in project management techniques, stakeholder influence, delivering to forecasts and budgets and ensuring all company policies, frameworks, processes and procedures are adhered to. The Programme / Senior Project Manager is expected to build the capability of staff in assigned branches to deliver large and nonstandard projects, through mentoring and coaching as well as sharing best practices in the use of available tools and processes.
- Provide customer service excellence by ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, to the highest levels of quality and communication,
- Support Regional Manager to manage the workload and allocation of tasks or projects of the Project Engineers within allocated team ensuring effective and efficient working. Support Project Engineers on a range of legal and contractual issues where necessary working with the Delivery Manager, legal and compliance teams,
- Supporting Project Engineers to Manage the Health and Safety requirements for each assigned job within areas of responsibility to ensure Xylem fulfills its obligations,
- Supporting the broader Xylem team with Health and Safety matters pertaining to Safe and sustainable project delivery, including site Health and Safety Audits, recording CHAT toolbox talks and Positive Interventions,
- Effective administration of assigned contracts, throughout the project lifecycle of each project to include execution of contractual claims and dispute resolution,
- Maintaining a risk register for all projects allocated, ensuring that all significant risks are escalated to the Regional Manager and wider management team,
- Responsible for the financial management and timely reporting on the performance and invoicing of allocated projects, including those undertaken by your allocated team.
- Manage the adherence to the Project Management Policy, processes and procedures by the allocated team through coaching and mentoring,
- Supporting the Sales and Project Delivery team on commercial issues (e.g. tender negotiations / commercial discussions / negotiations),
- Collaboratively working other departments, ensuring that we comply with all company requirements, e.g. Finance, Procurement and Logistics.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Inclusivity, stakeholder management and the ability to coordinate a diverse, geographically dispersed team are essential to this role,
- Excellent customer service skills and history of delivering projects to exceptional customer satisfaction level,
- Degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline and professional registration or working towards registration (CEng. or similar),
- In excess of 10 years’ experience in the management of engineering projects,
- Excellent working knowledge of contract law in particular those contracts used within the water industry which including IChemE and NEC 3 or 4,
- Excellent working knowledge of English Law, in particular those parts pertaining to the delivery of construction contracts,
- Understanding of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations ,
- Good knowledge of Water / Waste Water treatment and pumping applications would be desirable but not essential,
- Excellent organisation, communication and negotiation skills,
- The ability to work as part of a high performing team as well as being able to have challenging conversations both internally within Xylem and externally with our customers and wider supply chain,
- Full UK diving licence and flexibility to be able to travel throughout the UK.