Industrial Engineering ManagerEngineering | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Industrial Engineering Manager will be a strategic leader for industrial engineering and manufacturing engineering services for our Lubbock, TX and Slaton, TX facilities. This role will support the entire manufacturing operations group including processes, maintenance, capacity planning, launches, tooling, documentation, new equipment procurement as well as sustaining existing equipment, VAVE (value analysis and value engineering), and capital. The position reports to the Site Director of Operations with a dotted line to divisional Manufacturing Excellence leadership.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement Industry 4.0 technologies (robotics, shop floor automation, etc.)
- Develop and conduct work programs in accordance with company's policies, priorities and budget constraints
- Manage budgets for assigned function or department including operating requirements, equipment and material purchases
- Plan and manage SPD/VOD projects incorporating requirements, equipment, and material purchases
- Propose updates / provide operations solutions based on product standards, specifications, and agency requirements to ensure compliance.
- Analyze existing products and make recommendations for capacity and process planning
- Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to operating policies
- Responsible for the revision of product IOM’s utilizing the ECO process
- Manage project portfolio through collaboration with Product Managers, project leaders and Business Unit Leader. Enforce/educate teams in capital equipment – planning, selection and installations. Coach specific project teams in project management best practices as needed
- Maintain and update BCP (Business Continuity Planning) BIA (Business Impact Analysis) documentation for the Manufacturing Engineering department; maintain and update manufacturing routings and standard work documentation
- Manage large capital projects from concept through start-up. Coordinate and track the CAPEX financials for these investments
- Participate in the middle and later stages of the product development process
- Organize and maintain a database of technical documentation; Identify and support data repository strategies and best practices
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS Degree in engineering, science or related technical field or equivalent
- Master’s in Engineering field preferred
- 8+ years of specialized technical program experience; 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Industry 4.0 initiatives, facility layout and optimization
- Experience in robotics and automation strongly preferred
- Must possess extensive knowledge of a specialized engineering field; familiar with engineering standards and principles
- Practiced at providing structure and support capability within a matrix organization
- Shop floor experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Pro-E/CREO, PDMLink, Configured product
- Exhibits strong analytical skills with ability to organize and implement engineering projects
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills, ability to interface and communicate well with numerous stakeholders; willing to direct and receive direction from others.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and ability to quickly shift priorities
- Proven track record of improving manufacturing productivity & safety.
- PE Certification
- Production Manufacturing Engineering shop floor experience
- Technical aptitude relating to: motors, drives, pumping technology, electronic controls, business values, project management, fluid applications, pressure containing vessel design, and valves.
- Exposure to residential and commercial building HVAC processes and equipment.
- Knowledgeable and/or certified in: Lean Six Sigma, 5S/6S, and 8D (Eight Disciplines) methodologies
- Familiarization with the APQP (Advance Product and Quality Planning) process
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP) certification
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Normal manufacturing environment and foundry environment
- Travel requirement: Less than 10%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.