Field Technician - USOperations | Houston, TX, United States
Energy resources allow modern society to function and PureHM is a trusted partner with pipeline operators in bringing those resources safely to market. The economy, communities and individual citizens rely heavily on these resources to maintain a desirable standard of living, whether they realize it or not. Pipelines are the safest way to deliver energy; companies that own these pipelines make crucial decisions every day to ensure their product is delivered safely and efficiently, with the least amount of risk to society and the environment. A large percentage of pipelines are constructed near watersheds such as creeks, rivers and lakes, creating an unavoidable connection between water resources and energy, which poses an increased risk to pipeline operators.
PureHM gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility.
PureHM, a Xylem brand, provides solutions for regulated inspections of the pipelines that deliver these energy products. Using these solutions, we give pipeline companies confidence that they are delivering their products as safely and efficiently as possible. Using our best-in-class technologies, we provide operators with the actionable information needed to identify problem areas, reduce unnecessary pipeline repairs, and prolong asset life. Ultimately, we help you ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Field Technician within our Tracking Division. The successful candidate will perform duties associated with launching, field tracking, and receiving of pipeline cleaning and inspection tools. This position offers the potential for career advancement and varied pipeline integrity experience working for a growing company in both Canada and the United States. Applicants with no direct experience will be considered for entry level technician role.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Field track cleaning and inspection tool locations and movements as they travel through client pipelines using a variety of tracking methods.
- Communicate tracking progress and tool location to client personnel and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize GPS navigation to locate and deploy tracking equipment at Above Ground Reference locations.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures required for the safe and effective tracking on inline tools.
- Participate in field level safety activities including FLRA’s, toolbox talks, and shift close outs.
- Complete daily time tickets to support customer billing processes.
- Transfer collected field data to head office for client report generation.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Related post-secondary would be an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean Abstract
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and PC Skills
- Surveying and/or GPS experience an asset
- Strong math skills
- ATV, snowmobile, and argo experience an asset
- First Aid, H2S, and WHIMIS is an asset
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be willing to sit in a vehicle for long periods while monitoring tool movement.
- Position requires visual acuity to regularly view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents, and reports for extended periods of time.
- Work in outside weather conditions and be exposed to varying weather conditions.
- May be required to safely operate ATV’s, snowmobiles, and argos to access remote locations.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment; and lift, carry, and set equipment.
- Frequent travel required for projects, may be required to work up to 12 hours per shift on either days or nights, depending on the project requirements.
- Travel: 75 %
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.