Manager, Continuous Improvement (CI) - North AmericaContinuous Improvement | Chihuahua, Mexico, Mexico
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Own, maintain and develop Xylem Global Procurement (XGP) Continuous Improvement (CI) program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Generate improved Return on Investment (RoI) and productivity by develop, plan, and execute CI activities at suppliers as well as internally in close cooperation with Category Management Teams and buying locations.
- Develop, report and maintain annual CI activities based on a structured idea generation process involving buying locations and Category Management Teams
- Visualize, analyze and report XGP CI for Xylem globally
- Own, consolidate, maintain and develop XGP Management systems incuding policies, playbooks, instructions and templates in alignment with Xylem Production System (XPS) framework and process owners and content providers
- Govern compliance, administer management systems exceptions and report alignment for all buying locations
- Expand coverage and usage to every buying location globally
- Improve management system based on measured usage, effectiveness and satisfaction
- Arrange internal and external management system audits and maturity assessments
- Execute improvement actions based on findings and recommendations from audits, and maintain management system to align with certifications and relevant industry and management system standards
- Assess and measure procurement maturity using a combination of self and peer assessments
- Maintain a best practice database and catalog for all management system sections, and train on, and provide these to procurement organizations as support for their maturity development
- Develop a benchmarking standard versus comparable industry as well as leaders in other industries, and measure organizational effectiveness on Procurement, globally as well as per business and buying location
- Support supplier business communication and collaboration portal rollout
- Lead and support procurement development projects and initiatives in close collaboration with stakeholders
- Provide key stakeholder satisfaction and feedback surveys including reporting with visualization and analytics, and agree with leadership on improvements based on feedback. Project manage improvements, and maintain a catalog of improvements
- Support, Project manage and roll out new procurement tools and programs as needed
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- At least University degree or equivalent experience/knowledge of business organization, management systems and IT systems
- At least University degree in Economics or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Excellent CI skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good knowledge of financial reports
- High knowledge of Procurement processes & procedures
- Very high knowledge of CI and best practices
- At least 5 years’ experience of CI and Procurement (ideally in similar industry)
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Excellent communication skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.