DevOps EngineerEngineering | Calamba, Philippines, Philippines
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: DevOps Engineer: You will be expected to automate builds & deploys and make the process reliable, efficient and maintainable. You will need to partner closely with software engineering teams using a strong systems engineering mindset. The expectation is to constantly improve operational processes and efficiency through automation. You need to have an attitude that embraces agile practices and automation. You will need enough technical depth to make the appropriate technology choices, defend your opinions and drive the technical implementation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Experience on Linux, cloud and on-Prime deployments
- Experience on Jenkins or any CI tools
- Experience in Amazon Web Service (AWS), configuring and tuning web servers ( Nginx, Apache etc. )
- Support and troubleshooting, Designing, managing and provisioning cloud solution infrastructure. Experience in setting up firewall and security, setting up databases SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in writing bash scripts
- Experience on Kuberntes, Docker , Mongo, MQTT, Mysql and Postgres is a plus
- Experience on Agile execution
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Computer Science or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or related fields or Master in Science in Software or MCA
- 3 to 6 year’s minimum of Devops Experience
- Proven ability in a large scale, high performance environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours