Design EngineerEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Engineer/ Sr. Engineer- Design
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Manager, New Product Development at ITC - (Vadodara). Work with Engineers/Managers globally on product development; Value Engineering, analysis, Design to Simulation and other product development projects. Execute projects for the Global Engineering center that may include analytical calculations, concept development, and production Creo models and drawings. The Engineer works from India technology Centre and has to coordinate with other Engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the projects given by the Xylem global engineering centers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively and correctly apply engineering concepts to suit design requirements with minimal assistance / guidance.
- Deliver the small to big scale Projects with Cross functional teams.
- Support global Project managers for schedule development and breaking down the activities.
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
- Appropriately and correctly apply design tools. (Creo/AutoCAD /Creo Simulate)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in design development, (Tools - Creo, Creo Simulate, AutoCAD)
- Knowledge & experience in Creo or other Design tool is must.
- Strong Technical fundamentals in Mechanical Design
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Effective communication in English is must.
- Knowledge in basic concepts of foundry, machining and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of international & industry standards.
- Knowledge and Ability to apply engineering concepts.
- Proactive nature.
- Strong ethical working style. Capable of working with cross functional team.
- Listens and works well in team environment.
- Proactively develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships within the team and with other groups across the organization.