Software DeveloperEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: As a member of the Sensus Professional Services Team, the developer will design and implement software based on customer defined use cases. This individual will work closely with the customers to ensure that design and deliverables are meeting requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will have the ability to multiplex and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment. This individual will have experience interacting with clients.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Design and implement software applications and analytics for Utility industry
- Has strong sense of ownership and drive
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Is comfortable interfacing with Customer, Vendors, and various Xylem teams
- Takes pride in delivery quality software
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 2 – 5 years of experience with object oriented design and development techniques
- Experience with Material Design guidelines, UI prototyping
- Experience developing Microservices utilizing REST, Node.js, GraphQL, authentication services including SSO/OAuth2
- Experience with Python development, scheduling frameworks like Apache Airflow
- Experience with Docker, Heroku platform, Salesforce APIs
- Experience using Agile, continuous integration development and automated testing
- Experience developing scalable Relational Database structures, PostgreSQL, REDIS and NoSQL document stores
- Have experience with OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware, Spring
- Experience with Cloud Computing
- Have experience with online distributed systems and platform infrastructure design and implementation
- Delivered a low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.