Service ManagerOperations | Brisbane, Australia, Australia
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving our world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development and a safety culture.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Service Manager to lead our Brisbane branch in delivering Xylem's promise of quality, customer satisfaction and service excellence.
You will be results-driven with a desire to continue to profitably grow our service and rental business.
In your new role, you will be responsible to develop the service capability of direct reports through coaching, mentoring and succession planning.
- Achieve service targets, develop and maximise growth opportunities by supporting and assisting the sales team to increase new sales, service and rental
- Answer queries and provide timely and accurate advice and support to staff and customers on service/rental and product related issues
- Arrange the performance of service and emergency work on pumping and associated equipment at customer premises
- Ensures the service fleet is serviced, well maintained and quick to respond to customer needs
- Oversees the Service Coordinator role in the arrangement and performance of service and emergency work on pumping and associated equipment
- Facilitates monthly meetings as well as weekly tool box talks
- Ensures that the workshop is maintained in an environmentally safe and organised manner
- Ensures adherence to QA, EHS, facilities systems and practices, to promote a safe working environment.
- Coordinate audits for QA, EHS and facility systems and practices by carrying out investigations, surveys or sampling transactions
Skills & experience required
- Trade qualified with a demonstrated experience in a supervisory role in pumps/engineering (preferably working with water/wastewater) and with exposure to business management principles (highly desirable)
- Current QLD drivers license
- Qualifications in a mechanical based trade, and/or sound mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills, and time management skills
- Must be an excellent communicator, with an ability to lead and motivate staff with a genuine commitment to customer service and a passion for exceeding expectations
What you will get in return
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Company funded income protection
- Generous base salary, 10.5% superannuation contribution + quarterly bonus
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership (50% reimbursement p.a)
- Career succession planning and ongoing training to ensure you grow within your role
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
Xylem encourages a diverse workplace, where gender equality is supported and highly regarded. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within in order to find out how Xylem can grow, support and benefit your career within the water industry.