Senior Engineer ProcurementOperations | Thane, India, India
- Receive RFQ from engineering team and ensure the specification is proper and complete with necessary data and drawings and other requirements are spelled out in-line with tender guidelines and requirements.
- Procurement for Package items, Mechanical Components, Piping, Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Ensure Materials is delivered on time for production at the most competitive price within the budget.
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers (probably turnkey including design) who are aligned with the company's requirement.
- Identify new suppliers, Negotiate with them and enter into clear supply agreements; clear terms and condition to work with , Pricing and Pricing Review Mechanism, Quality Commitment , discount structures , volume rebates, Escalation/De-escalation Clauses and nevertheless the quality and delivery is the essence and shall be ensured.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spends.
- Supplier visits at very short notice.
- Ability to understand various material standards like IS, DIN, ASTM as well as to have knowledge of various metallurgy such as Stainless steel, Carbon steel, various type of plastics, etc.
- Must have worked on different type of fabrication across various material grade, plus exposure on machining.
- Coordination with Suppliers, site contractors and Projects team on efficient delivery and installation of electromechanical equipment/s at site.
- Hands on experience on eRP or SAP, as well as have experience in conducting reverse auction would be an added advantage