Global Laboratory Segment DirectorProduct Management | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
We’re Hiring for a Global Laboratory Segment Director!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Global Laboratory Segment Director will be responsible for leading Xylem’s Global Lab Segment Marketing and Product Management Team. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Lead the global team of product managers and product marketers within the Global Lab Segment to ensure a highly engaged and customer focused team that delivers on strategic and annual business objectives.
- Provide visibility to achievements and issues through regular reporting of overall segment health and program progress
- Set employee performance objectives, conduct performance reviews, and recommend pay actions
- Monitor expense budgets
In conjunction with the Lab Segment Product Managers, Lab Product Marketers, and other business stake holders:
- Develop global strategies and product road maps, and product plans to meet the Global Lab Segment’s business objectives, in alignment with Xylem’s and Xylem Analytics strategies and objectives
- Monitor and ensure the financial health of Xylem’s lab segment, including growth, profitability, and product line vitality
- Manage and execute Product Management functions including product portfolio, pricing, and marketing actions. Transfer segment requirements, regulatory requirements and market intelligence into actionable and profitable products and service developments in close corporation with R&D. Drive project prioritization in alignment with the business stakeholders to obtain results.
- Run Voice of the Customer exercises to identify, define and prioritize new product development that result in products and features that meet customer needs and solves their problems
- Analyze market and technology trends to ensure that product development projects are relevant to current conditions and aligned with overall Xylem strategy
- Develop and communicate strong value propositions that showcase our product line capabilities, technologies, and problems solved.
- Generate marketing materials (content and sales tools) to support product launches, sales and marketing activities. Work with Marketing Communications to achieve marketing KPI’s.
- Develop training materials and provide product training to customers, external teams and distribution partners
- Build strong relationships with key customers, partners, and influencers, and represent the company at events/tradeshows
- Engage with global sales teams on a regular basis to ensure proper alignment. Communicate product, market and competitive information on a monthly basis to the sales team
- Provide input into the OPS (S&OP and forecasting) planning process. Set sales and orders goals by produce line and category.
- Engage Quality, Operations, and Technical Services team on a regular basis to consolidate customer feedback, proactively respond to emerging issues, and improve the customer experience
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Four-year college degree in Business, Marketing, Science/Biology or Engineering.
- 7+ years product management, business development, marketing and/or managerial experience
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to lead and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Persuasiveness - Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Experience with leading diverse teams, and working across larger international organizations to build alliances and collaborate efficiently
- Customer service oriented - Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Comfortable using business technology
- Four-year college degree in Science, Engineering or Business with a technical background
- Experience from the Lab market. Technical experience in a role or working with analytical instrumentation is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable using technology
- Flexibility to manage dynamic priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Prior VOC and strategic planning training and experience
The estimated salary range for this position is $120,000 to $160,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.