Safe, Secure Access
The RGS-10 remote gas shutoff valve gives you remote access and control over the flow of natural gas to a customer’s property. It can be used for a variety of reasons when access to the meter isn’t possible, including dangerous conditions or when personal safety is questioned.
The RGS-10 is built around a fully migratable SmartPoint® GM residential transceiver, which leverages two-way communications for customer service and improved operational efficiency. However, this smart shutoff valve goes beyond acting as a simple on/off switch. Its integral pressure monitoring capabilities constantly monitor conditions and automatically shut off the flow of gas when your defined high- or low-pressure limits are reached. It can also engage when rising temperatures, such as fires, occur.
The RGS-10 valve is available in straight- or angle-body styles and installs as part of the meter set. Inside the cast iron case, the RGS-10 utilizes a maintenance-free globe valve driven by a powerful electric motor. The valve performs a regular self-checking procedure to ensure smooth, reliable operation and meets Class 1 Div.2 intrinsic safety standards.
Benefits to you
- Provides pressure monitoring capabilities
- Shuts off gas remotely in the event of dangerous conditions, gas leaks, agitated customers or protective pets
- Communicates over greater distances with less effort or infrastructure
- Downstream pressure monitoring with automatic shutoff
- Tilt/tamper detection
- Event log with a time stamp
- Built-in temperature monitor with automatic shutoff
- Optional vibration detection with automatic shutoff
- 90° Angle Body
- Straight Body
For more information about this product, download the data sheet.