- Removable U-tube bundle
- Less costly than floating head or packed floating head tubesheet designs
- Allows for differential thermal expansion
- Capable of withstanding thermal shock
- Shellside Design Max 150 PSI – 250°F
- Tubeside Design Max 200 PSI – 250°F
- Special designs for higher pressures and temperatures available
The EU(N) is a U-tube, removable bundle, heat exchanger in accordance with MIL-C-15730. This cooler may be furnished to Class 3 (surface ship – seawater cooled), Class 4 (submarine – fresh water cooled) or Class 5 (surface ship – fresh water cooled). Special designs for Class 2 (submarine – seawater cooled) are available.
The standard EU(N) is available in 4″ through 23″ diameters, two pass tube side arrangement, with 3/8″, 1/2″ and 5/8″ diameter tubes. It is designed for a maximum pressure of 150 psig shell side, 200 psig tube side, and a maximum temperature of 250° F. Special designs for higher pressures and temperatures are available.
The shell is of welded construction with bonnets. The removable bundle can be furnished with either single or double tubesheet construction and is secured to the shell with studbolts.
The EU(N) exchanger is capable of passing the high – impact shock test of MIL-C-901 Grade A, Class I, Type A and the vibration test of MIL-STD-167, Type I.
Materials: Carbon steel or 90/10 CuNi shell. Bronze, 90/10 & 70/30 CuNi bonnets. Admiralty, 90/10 & 70/30 CuNi tubes
Application: Cooling or heating of oil or water