- TEMA type AET or BET
- Removable bundle
- Internal bolted floating head cover
- Straight tube
- Highest cost of all shell & tube designs
- Carbon Steel Shell Side Materials
- Basic Tubeside Materials: Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper Alloys
- TEMA Type BET, AET
- Shellside Design Max 450 PSI – 650 Deg. F / Tubeside Design Max 600 PSI – 650 Deg. F
Straight Tubes, Internal Bolted Floating head cover, pull through construction, removable tube bundle.
Can meet all TEMA classes as well as ASME Section VIII Div 1 and ASME Section III N stamp for Nuclear. Other codes available.
Fully customizable. Variety of sizes, tube diameters and materials available.
Applications: For heating or cooling chemical or hydrocarbon fluids; condensing air or gases.
Allows for differential thermal expansion.
Shell side can be steam or mechanically cleaned
Tube bundle can be removed from shell for cleaning or repairing without removing the floating head cover.
Can handle volatile or toxic fluids due to lack of packed joints.
Less surface area per given shell diameter than other removable bundle designs.
Gasket leak detection not possible on floating head.