Supplier Quality Process EngineerOperations | Aguascalientes, Mexico, Mexico
We’re Hiring for a Supplier Quality Process Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Supplier Quality Process Engineer will help to execute the strategy of technological excellence and to increase focus on delighting customers. This role is responsible for working in partnership at CEM for assessment, continuous monitoring, and ultimate effectiveness of process performance from supplier selection through product integration. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Use Xylem supplier assessment program to qualify capable suppliers that meet engineering, procurement, and quality requirements
- Perform regular on-site audits for product lines and quality standard practices at CEM
- Perform remote or onsite audits at Xylem suppliers worldwide based on Xylem supplier policy & quality management system requirements
- Review and statistically analyze CEM testing and in-process data at critical points, such as Inspection Points, In Circuit Tests (ICT), and Final Verification Test (FVT)
- Create a development plan for CEM to support performance targets and monitor performance regularly
- Complete PPAP (production part approval process) for purchased parts defined as CTQ/ SPC by engineering
- Perform GAP Analysis / Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (PFMEA) to drive Daily/Weekly/Monthly Audits to improve product quality with CEM
- Develop Process Control Plans to standardize and control manufacturing process
- Identify impact of engineering change notifications and determine any steps necessary for change authorization with internal stakeholder alignment
- Support 8D Corrective Action for all CEM and customer-identified defects
- Support and conduct root cause analysis to identify solutions and resolve technical problems at CEM and suppliers
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to implement best-in class manufacturing improvements.
- Document, standardize and create procedures to improve repeatability, predictability, and efficiency.
- Support company goals and objectives as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing Quality environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Possess strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving, and negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and statistical analysis software (such as Minitab)
- Knowledge in the areas of Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, and Quality
- Knowledge of basic quality topics and metrics like APQP, Statistical Process Control methods, 8D Methodology and Process Capability Index (CPK) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing process standards
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills with the flexibility and ability to work with several areas and levels within the company.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task to develop and produce accurate, professional, and error-free documents on a timely basis
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodology
- Ability to review & approve corrective action analysis and product test plan review
- Willing to travel up to 10% to suppliers worldwide for audit & development activities.
- ASQ certification a plus
DAY IN THE LIFE:
This role may require travel up to 10%.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.