Strategic BuyerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Strategic Buyer at its Uniontown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include managing supplier relations, monitoring supplier performance, and driving supplier continuous improvement and productivity activities. The Strategic Buyer will act as a key interface between the Senior Strategic Buyer and the Buyer/Planners covering the manufacturing operation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages strategic development and implementation of procurement initiatives to support continuous improvement.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of materials and goods during the New Product Introduction process
- Coordinates ramp-up and ramp-down of new projects
- Coordinates the change management process for changes and new projects including worksheets, and purchase orders
- Manages War Room activities for assigned product lines
- Execute on responsibilities as assigned by immediate management
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain Management, or technical engineering degree with five (5) years of related procurement, inventory management, and demonstrated global supply chain experience.
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with sourcing processes
- Previous experience with project management desirable
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Work is typically performed in an office setting and includes the use of general office equipment
- Daily walking throughout manufacturing areas may be necessary based upon job demands.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Sitting, standing, reaching, and bending may be necessary
- May require occasional light lifting (10-20 lbs.)
- Manufacturing environment subject to loud noises, moving machinery and equipment, and climate changes.
- Office is a typical climate-controlled office environment requiring the use of standard office equipment.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.