Solution Project ManagerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem company, seeks to hire a Solution Project Manager (SPM) who will be responsible for leading product development projects as part of the Solutions Team. This position will also have the ability to perform the Product Orchestrator function for one of Sensus’ critical software platforms. The Solution Project Manager will lead cross-functional teams in our Morrisville, NC location.
The SPM is an experienced professional responsible for effective management of all technical and non-technical aspects of assigned project(s) and project team(s) to successfully drive product solution delivery on-time and within specification(s). The SPM must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the design, development and verification process as it relates to hardware, firmware and software components, along with the enablement of supporting processes and services (Systems Test, Quality, etc...). The SPM role has a focus on “Solutions” and is responsible for driving integration and total customer experience in all aspects of the product. The SPM will prepare program strategies in adherence with the appropriate development methodologies. The SPM will serve as the champion of their solution(s), and must be capable of both inspiring and challenging matrix teams to meet the product management and engineering objectives that are set. The SPM will also be responsible for being a champion of change management and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead new product solutions through the full product development life cycle using Stage Gate or Agile methodologies, from ideation through commercial launch of the product.
- Participate in Xylem’s Agile transformation via Product Orchestrator role and Agile based new product development process updates.
- Champion change and be an agent of continuous improvement to the System of Delivery (SoD) as well as new product development processes.
- Be data driven, actively identifying and observing trends in various aspects of new product development and organizational design (investment, resource availability, content, KPI trends).
- Assist in the development of business case.
- Use established metrics to monitor budget, schedule, and risk, and make recommendations for recovery plans, if needed
- Responsible for detailed project schedules, risk definition and mitigation strategies, as well as communication of status, tasks and necessary items for escalation
- Display leadership and provide guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Ensure that the quality and integrity of new products meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements through promotion of team ownership of quality.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field preferred,
- 5+ years of project/program management experience
- Self motivated, self starter who is a continuous learner, seeking novel and efficient mechanisms to improve all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing projects with both software and hardware components. Experience with Risk Management, Resource Management, Experience with Stage Gate/Waterfall/or Agile process methodologies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Approximately 5% travel required
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.