Software Test Engineer (Hybrid)Engineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Software Test and Automation Engineer who will provide Validation (manual/automated test) support to Sensus product lines. Products include Water, Gas, and Electric meters, Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) smart points, in-home-displays, installation tools, head-end systems, and more. The candidate will also work closely with software and hardware developers to ensure the full integration of quality products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification based on design and end user requirements.
- Log detailed defect records for Software and Firmware products and solutions, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Drive continuous improvement for best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter/endpoint, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, debug, and manage dedicated and shared test environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with both local/remote sites
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- A strong desire to test products and solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Experience with MS Windows and Office 365 desktop environment.
- Experience testing or developing firmware and software products or distributed systems that use well-defined interfaces and protocols.
- Experience developing test scenarios and test cases for software based on design and requirements.
- Experience developing and executing automated test cases and suites.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience testing Data Networking, Linux OS, Cloud-based environments, and/or computer architectures.
- Experience testing database applications, including basic knowledge of SQL, Oracle and/or Mongo databases
- Experience working with UI test tools and frameworks, such as Selenium, SOAPUI, Postman, Appium, Cucumber, or Protractor.
- Experience using Jira, TestRail and GitHub or other development and test management tools
- Experience with creating and executing test automation a plus.
- Programming and scripting language experience a plus.
- Experience working with IoT or metering infrastructure products and components a definite plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office and lab environment. Includes handling hardware devices for purposes of test configuration and test execution.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Required to interact employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Working in an RF (Radio Frequency) environment.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.