Senior Software EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Senior Software Engineer. As a member of the Software Engineering Team, the incumbent will architect, design, develop and test Enterprise Cloud Applications. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on cloud back-end and/or front-end applications, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Wants to build game-changing software applications and analytics for Utility industry
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Has strong sense of ownership and drive
- Is passionate about applications, analytics, storage and distributed systems
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or similar cloud provider
- Proven ability to develop back end and/or front-end applications in a large scale, high performance environment
- Experience with Java/C# and/or Angular (or similar front-end framework)
- Experience in databases (Postgres or similar), SQL, object to relational mapping, metrics, and analytics
- Experience supporting production workloads
- Experience with monitoring tools Datadog, Sumo or a similar tool
- Cloud DevOps experience a plus, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines; Experience supporting Docker, Kubernetes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.