Sales Coordinator, TreatmentSales | Zelienople, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Sales Coordinator is responsible for entering, maintaining and invoicing customer purchase orders for the Treatment Sales Department and also producing weekly/monthly sales activity reports.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Order Entry for Major Orders and Parts Orders
- Provide administrative support to the sales department. Collect and distribute mail, review incoming faxes for urgency and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Assist sales with preparation of sales reports
- Complete supplier profiles for new customers setting up Xylem as a vendor
- Obtain insurance certificates at the request of certificate holders or contracts manager showing evidence of coverage as requested
- Commission statement preparation and distribution for representatives
- Maintain new project order information throughout the month including customer follow up and survey form completion.
- Ensure that sales folders are filed and copies of correspondence are filed with appropriate folders.
- Assist inside sales team with generation of multiple copies of sales proposals and binder assembly.
- Provide project updates to the PM team as well as update project information as requested
- Purchase office supplies for sales department
- Assist sales team with inputting contact information into Salesforce CRM database
- Assist in the coordination of the quarterly employee meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Monitor inventory levels of warehouse stock notifying purchasing agent to re-order
- Assist Sales Engineers with customer inquiries and lead times for inventory items
- Customer system validation and/or request for set-up through Emagia software
- Screen all potential customers against restricted party lists with Export-On-Demand software
- Determine tax status of each customer obtaining and cataloging tax exemption certificates if applicable.
- Entering orders into ERP system with knowledge of Market Codes, customer numbers, order types, delivery types and terms, terms of payment, tax rates, commission rate, and territory manager with corresponding rep
- Follow through on inventoried parts orders confirming warehouse has completed shipment and invoicing
- Invoice customers through ERP system for buyouts, after freight charges are determined, to recognize revenue efficiently
- Maintain parts log for all new orders
- Maintain media log for all media orders as this is used for month end reporting
- Request Agitator Fabrication Packages from Engineering
- Manage orders for Piloting invoices in accordance with executed agreement
- Attend weekly parts shipping meeting monitoring shipping schedule updates compared to quoted lead times notifying customer if necessary.
- Assist in the planning and coordination for employee events
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School or equivalent
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication/interaction skills
- Salesforce software
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional exposure to shop and field elements (Wastewater Treatment Plants)
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Office: Administrative – computer and telephone usage. Microsoft Office and CRM essential. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery, such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.