Program Coordinator (Remote)Project Management | Cambridge, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Xylem Innovation Labs team is a global corporate team that support Xylem Inc. in its mission to ‘solve water’ by scouting and leveraging new technologies that are critical to address the world’s increasing water challenges. To support this mission, we are looking for a Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of remote office manager and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out operational tasks critical for the success of the program and department.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- This role requires you to support the team and department in its day-to-day and overall strategic objectives
- Assist in oversight of multiple project/program teams and ensure standardization and coordination across teams
- Bookkeeping/accounting and procurement/invoicing – process invoices, follow up on payment completion, track monthly cashflow against budget, etc.
- Building and updating/maintaining schedules for overall programming/activities and pilot projects
- Coordinating Demo Day for pilot project results of new technologies to be communicated across the company
- Create reports for monthly and quarterly review by senior management
- Manage relationships and correspond with outside vendors and internal teams including IT, finance, legal, marketing, procurement, etc.
- Scheduling speakers for annually run seminar series
- Document management – ensure all documents are properly named and saved and filed electronically on central server
- IT tool management – assist new team members with onboard to IT tools used by the team, coordinating with technical/customer support as needed
- Meeting coordination – setting up and coordinating program-wide meetings, team meetings, and virtual networking/team building events
- Logistics – assist with coordinating all travel-related activities, including team meetings, conferences, and other business-related travel
- Mail/ordering – assist with sending out/receipt of mail/packages as needed, ordering office supplies and other items
- Other data entry and assistance as may be required for the smooth functioning of a remote, global team of ~10 people
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 5+ years professional experience
- Proven experience in program management, office management or relevant position
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Team player that can work in a fast-paced environment with teammates distributed across geographies/time zones
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- This role is open to applicants across North America and Europe.
- This role is a work-from-home role.
- May require up to 25% travel and other tasks.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours