Procurement Project ManagerOperations | Pittsburgh, PA, United States
We're Hiring for a Procurement Project Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Procurement Project Manager will be responsible for driving part of the Xylem-Evoqua procurement integration program, and executing procurement projects to help drive cost reduction and risk mitigation initiatives that meet our yearly corporate goals for procurement. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Organize and lead facilitation of complex, cross functional Procurement programs and projects.
- Professionally plan, lead, and manage larger procurement related projects, for example complex supplier transitions, value engineering and outsourcing
- Hands-on approach to resolve bottlenecks, help coordinate RFQ events, compiling specs, analyze, recommend, and communicate to stakeholders.
- Organize and lead idea generation and improvement workshops
- Coordinate larger procurement related projects within our business unit of Evoqua and Xylem
- Establish and develop key interfaces and network between procurement, R&D, product management and operations
- Enforce/implement /support continuous improvement culture & processes by leading with example and provide change management.
- Bachelors in Economics or Engineering required or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Master’s degree preferred
- Proficient with at least 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or Project Management
- Project management skills; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in production technologies, and processes
- Proficient in sourcing processes and procedures
- Fluent in oral and written English.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.