Mobile TechnicianOperations | Tualatin, OR, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The technician will support the rental and sale of Dewatering system solutions including the Godwin Dri-Prime® and Flygt electric submersible equipment by providing application, installation, troubleshooting and repair services for within the Dewatering organization. The Electric controls technician will also be responsible for recording parts and labor accurately on work orders and internal equipment repair forms.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Use a multimeter to diagnose problems with low voltage DC signal wiring.
- Provide field support over the phone
- Perform preventative maintenance and service with minimal direction on fleet equipment between each rental.
- Basic troubleshooting of diesel engines, electrical systems and pump problems.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned fleet equipment.
- Assist with system setup on customer job sites as needed.
- Operate a service truck and respond to after-hours customer repair calls as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Ability to communicate clearly on mobile devices
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to calculate general math, standard and metric measurements
- Basic understanding of single phase and three phase electrical systems as well as DC systems
- Service and repair knowledge of electrical equipment
- Experience with electrical submersible equipment a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Prolonged standing on concrete floors
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Bending, squatting, stooping, reaching above shoulder level
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.