Mechanical Inspector - Quality AssuranceOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
We’re Hiring a Mechanical Inspector – Quality Assurance
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Mechanical Inspector – Quality Assurance will perform a wide range of testing and inspection activities on a variety of measurement and test equipment to ensure the highest level of quality in our products and manufacturing processes. We offer a full benefits package to include health, dental, retirement savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Testing and inspection activities on a variety of measurement and test equipment to support the manufacturing process.
- Evaluating hardware documentation, inspecting products, measuring process performance, recording data, and preparing formal reports with a high degree of credibility and accuracy.
- Responsibilities could encompass and involve a variety of jigs, fixtures, patterns, gauges, masters, productions and experimental parts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Certification or in-depth experience in mechanical inspection that includes the use of Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and non-contact measurement equipment such as optical comparators and computerized video inspection equipment.
- Working knowledge of PC-DMIS software is a plus.
- Detailed working knowledge of machining, molding, and casting processes acquired through a minimum of three years of relevant and specific quality assurance manufacturing experience.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate mechanical measurement ability using surface plate techniques and CMM(s), and the ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a manufacturing facility with machinery, equipment and tools used in the assembly of water meters and various metering systems. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring the use of safety glasses, safety equipment, and in some areas, hearing protection.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability and desire to work all shifts if needed or required.
- Shift and weekend overtime as necessary.
- Ability to perform movements associated with quality assurance mechanical inspection such as routine simple lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.