Marketing and Communications Specialist, Xylem Laboratory Solutions, AmericasMarketing | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The MarComm’s role will be to oversee the execution of annual marketing plans developed by Xylem’s Laboratory Solutions team. They will perform many of the primary tasks under that plan, such as designing brochures and web pages, soliciting technical content from Product Managers and Applications Specialists, and delivering content through multiple channels and media. Our team’s marketing output will be assessed by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as new contacts, leads, and opportunities. This individual will report to the Product Segment Manager who is responsible for the commercial success of Xylem’s Laboratory Solutions in the Americas.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strong digital marketing strategy.
- Principal Designer for our marketing content.
- Support an Applications Manager to establish a virtual product training capability at our Yellow Springs, OH facility, and extend that virtual demonstration capability to our laboratories in College Station, Texas.
- Standardize and support the team’s processes.
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) is foundational to our marketing philosophy.
- Engage with the broader Xylem Analytics
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities, all safety training and bring an attitude of Continuous Improvement to the role.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 2 years marketing background with communications experience, with preference for candidates that possess a two or four-year degree in Marketing or Graphical Design.
- Must be able to use Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign, Camtasia, and/or equivalent platforms.
- Experience working with scientists, engineers or other technically minded people is a plus.
- Fluent in English, with fluency in at least one other language as a major advantage.
- Strong writing and presentation skills will be highly advantageous.
- Willingness to travel to support customer trainings, conferences, regional or international sales meetings, etc. Likely to travel 4-6 weeks/year.
- Adaptability is an important characteristic, because we are a change-intensive business. MarComms should expect to respond to quick-turnaround requests and be comfortable adapting our plans to a rapidly changing market and work environment.
- Our entire team has a passion for the environment, sustainability, and the work Xylem’s customers do. Someone who is motivated by those topics, and wants to do impactful work, will be a great fit.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- This position will be hybrid or 100% remote. While all equipment will be provided to perform the essential duties, we are not expecting to provide a facility-based office except for scheduled on-site work (a “hoteling” office).
- The Product Segment manager is highly supportive of flexible working hours, but the candidate must be available for up to 20 hours of recurring meetings throughout the typical 5-day, 40-hour work week.
- Occasionally the candidate will need to be available early in the morning (7 am EST) or late in the evening (up to 8 pm EST) to accommodate meetings with associates in other time zones.
- Goal-setting and regular check-ins are designed to support not only our business objectives, but also individual and career growth.
- Close proximity to Yellow Springs, Ohio or College Station, TX will be advantageous.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.