Market Development ManagerSales | Any Location - Texas, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us lets solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Market Development Manager is responsible for the growth of Standard Xchange products in their market vertical within Texas and the Western U.S. region. Work with the Sales Management and Channel Partners to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of the brand’s products. The employee will work closely with reps and distributors to grow orders for industrial heat transfer products. Comprehensive understanding of all heat transfer markets within the region. Provide Information & Assistance to the Product Development / Marketing departments on New Product Releases.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop a Master Business Plan with each Rep. The plan must include Representative Goals, Targeted Accounts, Travel Time Required, Perspective OEM’s, Growth of Major Trade Area’s, Etc..
- Deliver orders and sales targets versus budgets. Work with Rep/distributor to increase Sales & Market Share of products in territory and region. Open new Representation where and when necessary.
- Travel with Representative and Distributor Personnel to Train and help grow Xylem Product Sales.
- Maintain Large Project funnel with coordination and updates from channels.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Assist in selecting the right products for the total solution utilizing computer sizing and selection programs as required.
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities in Territory / Region.
- Make prospecting calls to end customers, distribution channel partners, OEMs and EPC firms.
- Attend appropriate trade shows and related events to expand market knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Effectively motivate non-reports to implement Strategies.
- Ability to Coach, Strong Work Ethics, Risk-Taker, Accountable, Manage by Prevention, Distributor Conflicts, Timely submittal of required reports, Organization, Able to make Decisions, Ability to Work Independently
Minimum Qualifications: Education Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree or Preferred B.S. degree Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial Eng.
- Minimum of 4 Years Field Sales Experience
- Channel Management Experience required
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy,
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Leadership Managerial Competencies
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Basic computer, fast-track market developer, managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of industrial market segment, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 50 percent). Other travel both domestic and sometimes international as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.