Internal Controls Audit AnalystFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
We’re Hiring for an Internal Controls Analyst!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Internal Controls Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring the integrity and compliance of the Americas Region and Shared Services financial operations. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining policies and procedures, overseeing training and communication efforts, and administering tools related to internal controls. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in accounting and a deep understanding of financial processes to safeguard our organization's assets, maintain financial reporting compliance, and enhance operational efficiency.
We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Policy and Procedure Development: Develop and maintain comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulatory and financial reporting requirements, industry standards, and best practices. Regularly review and update these documents to reflect changes in the organization's operations.
- Training and Communication: Design and execute training programs to educate employees and stakeholders on internal controls, compliance, and related policies. Ensure that the organization's personnel are aware of their responsibilities and understand the importance of internal controls.
- Microsoft Power Platform Administration/Governance: Oversee and administer tools, systems, and technologies related to internal controls. This includes identifying, implementing, and maintaining software solutions and applications that enhance internal control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or CIA certification is a plus.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in accounting and internal controls.
- In-depth knowledge of financial processes, financial reporting regulations, and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Prior experience in policy and procedure development and maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for training and collaboration.
- Proficiency in using relevant tools and software for internal controls.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to drive process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle and OneStream financial systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform (e.g., Power Apps, Power Automate).
- Previous experience with internal or external audits.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $72,000 to $87,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Wellness programs, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.