Engineer / Senior Engineer System Control-2Engineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
About Xylem :
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Control Engineer at Vadodara India Technology Center. The ideal candidate will provide control system development and validation throughout the product development and project execution. Work closely with other global engineers, product and project managers to develop and test products from the commercial specification. Test and Validate developed product with pump control system.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in the product development process from definition to deployment
- Maintain and improve existing scada products, OEM Layer and validate throughout the product development and project execution.
- Work as part of ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas
- Support to troubleshoot and resolve product field issues
- Support migration activities from existing SCADA system to New System and POC Development.
- Engineering Degree in Instrumentation / Electronics and Communications / Electronics
- At least 5-8 years of professional experience in areas directly related to Application Software development and testing in SCADA Product.
- Experience in the SCADA Programming OR OEM Layer development.
- Experience in C, C++, VBScript, VBS programming is preferred.
- Experience in Pump System, Electrical design and Modem is additional advantage.
- Experience with visualizing and interacting with large data sets.
- Experience working on Indusoft web studio by AVEVA or VTScada platform by Trihedral.
- Working experience in Agile or scrum based methodologies and other tools like JIRA, Bit bucket and Confluence
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative and have demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Fluency in English language is must
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- An expert in PLC / HMI and SCADA programming, Experience with Allen Bradly, Siemens, B&R and Red Lion PLC is preferred.
- C programming, structured text and Ladder.
- Experience in Protocol understanding
(DNP3 / ModBus / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / OPC UA / BACNET /MQTT/EthernetIP / IEC 60870-5-104)
Data communication using TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, data socket, shared & global variable
- Interface using RS-232, SPI, I2C, RS-485 Modbus
- Knowledge of API technology including REST and JSON
- Databases, MS SQL Server, MS access
- Knowledge of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) and Pump Controls
- Version control system
- Knowledge of software testing standards