Dev Ops EngineerEngineering | Aguascalientes, Mexico, Mexico
We’re Hiring for a Dev Ops Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Dev Ops Engineer will implement best practices and cloud infrastructure to help deliver world class products that delight our customers at a scale and securely.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Consult with stakeholders: software engineering managers, product managers and Cybersecurity experts, on identifying the requirements and the corresponding solutions to address the business challenges and opportunities as specified in the OKRs (Objective Key Results) for 2022 and beyond.
- Perform gap analysis between the current Cloud environments both in AWS and Azure and work with the Engineering Managers to come up with strategy and plans on how to address them
- Passions for DevSecOps/Shift Left: Automation, Infrastructure-as-Code/IaC, Monitoring and Observability (“You cannot improve what you don’t measure”)
- Exposure with complex Software and Solution Architectures with leading stacks (ReactJS, Java, Python Django) and technologies (REST API, Swagger/OpenAPI)
- Mature and build the CI/CD pipeline -- integration with Checkmarx
- Passion for Designs and Architecture for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Building infrastructure on cloud while migrating from on premise to cloud.
- Experience with jenkins, docker container
- Initial cloud setup on multi-cloud environment on the AWS and Azure
- New set up for new client onboarding
- Python: 6 years -- REST API, Django REST Framework
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery – Multi AZs and Regions (Fail-over)
- AWS: 7 years -- AWS Well Architected Framework, leading stacks/services such as AWS ECS, EKS, RDS, 3-tier infrastructure (VPC, Public and Private Subnet)
- Azure: 3 years
- CI/CD: 7 years -- prefer experience with both Jenkins and Bitbucket Pipelines, and integration with AWS CodeDeploy
- Monitoring: Datadog, Prometheus, Kibana
- Databases: 7 years – Relational (MySQL, Postgresql) and No-SQL (Redis)
- Docker/Container along with Container Orchestration (AWS EKS, Kubernetes/K8s)
- Bit bucket pipelines – rolled it up to CI/CD
- AWS + services: RDS, EKS, ETC -- rolled it up to 2nd entry
- Work with Terraform (infrastructure as a code) –
- Familiarity with GDPR – EU
- Migrating from Jenkins to bitbucket pipeline – roll it up to CI/CD
- AWS and Azure Experience is needed – roll it up to above
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.