Data Analyst (Hybrid)Engineering | Edmonton, AB, Canada
PureHM, a Xylem brand, gives pipeline companies confidence that they are doing everything in their power to deliver energy in the safest, most reliable way. Our best-in-class technologies and service quality provides the actionable information needed to reduce risk, by identifying problem areas, reducing unnecessary repairs, and prolonging asset life, while balancing fiscal responsibility. Ultimately, we help ensure that energy pipelines are fit for service.
PureHM seeks to hire a Data Analyst. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, investigating, and the analysis of pipeline inspection data ensuring pipeline safety and integrity for our clients. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform regular, defined Quality Assurance (QA) checks of analysis
- Identify, evaluate, investigate, and analyze pipeline inspection data
- Prepare and present findings to the client and Project Manager
- Prepare technical reports summarizing findings
- Participate in project kick-off meeting with field crew and Project Manager to understand project scope and schedule
- Understand and follow scope and requirements for all projects
- Monitor project scope and provide status updates to Project Manager
- Support field crews with data related issues
- Work in a team environment collaborating and sharing knowledge and experiences
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Complete timesheets and expenses in a timely manner to keep project costs current.
- Apply basic engineering principles and theory when required
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- Related post-secondary technical certificate or diploma, engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in pipeline inspection services or data analysis, pipeline integrity, upstream oil/gas production or processing
- Strong Computer Skills (Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience in data collection or analysis of indirect inspection data (DOC, GPS, CP CIPS, ACVG, DCVG, and/or ACCA) is preferred
- Experience in identification, classification, and prioritization of indirect inspection indications data is preferred
- Experience in identifying and locating cathodic protection deficiencies is preferred
- Experience in Direct Assessment (ECDA, ICDA, and/or SCCDA) is preferred
- NACE CP Level 1 or 2 certification is desirable
- Completion of NACE Direct Assessment course is desirable
- Knowledge of PHMSA Part 192 and 195 regulations, Z662, API, NACE and ASME standards and recommended practices is preferred
- Knowledge of indirect inspection data collection or analysis, pipeline integrity, or corrosion is preferred
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an offer settling free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours:40 hours, overtime as required
- May be required to travel to the field or client offices
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.