Customer Service Coordinator, TreatmentSales | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Customer Service Coordinator, Treatment is responsible to prioritize, coordinate, plan and committing resources that enables Xylem to effectively execute all onsite commissioning, warranty, and other service work to meet all timelines and requirements. Must be passionate about providing legendary customer service. Maintains compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Works regularly with Project Management, Total Care, Technical Support and Quality teams to proactively identify all future schedule requirements and populate the dispatch calendar well in advance of the expected schedule dates.
- Works with Xylem Project Management to ensure on time delivery of all required documentation, parts and other project deliverables.
- Reviews scheduling requests for accuracy, clarity: clear & complete scope of work, realistic completion dates, clear identification of division of responsibilities between Xylem, contractors & engineers.
- Responsible to identify service requirements and manage site resources to complete activities on time.
- For submitted activity requests, responsible to prioritize, plan, schedule and follow up on the effectiveness of the schedule to meet on time delivery requirements and to the most effective use of resources to minimize excessive costs.
- Works with contractors, consulting engineers and end-users to ensure that they understand the workflow requirements and provide needed documentation to enable Xylem to meet their schedule.
- Works with Procurement and Third Party Suppliers to arrange for the issuance of POs to facilitate Third Party Service or parts delivery as needed.
- Works with Field Service staff to review scope of work, identify special tools, equipment, parts required, and ensure delivery of required items to the job site.
- Works with Field Service staff, Technical Support, and Order Management to identify and stock required parts to maximize on time delivery of services.
- Tracks skill sets and location of Field Service resources against service requirements to ensure that Xylem deploys the best fit to meet customer needs.
- Works with Customer’s representatives, Technical Support, and Field Service to understand equipment issues, troubleshoot and diagnose root-cause problems, and arranges necessary parts and service to resolve issues.
- Follows up with Field Service staff to ensure quality completion and timely delivery of site reports and other documentation to customers and the back office.
- Proactively communicates with customers, contractors, end-users and/or engineers to ensure that all parties are in alignment on delivery of service activities.
- Collaborate and manage customer communications (requests, complaints, observations, etc.) with the appropriate Xylem internal teams to bring timely resolution to Customer issues.
- Is able to work with different levels of the customer organization, to understand what information needs are required by each level, and deliver same in a timely and complete manner
- Identifies waste (labor hours, expense, process, etc.) and makes recommendations to eliminate or minimize.
- Reviews schedule and identifies opportunities for Field Service to perform value added visits to customers in close proximity to the existing assigned work.
- Develop, track and report metrics impacting quality, delivery, inventory, productivity, cost, and safety. Examples include: schedule on time compliance, labor utilization, expense, first call resolution, warranty impact, customer satisfaction & loyalty, quality item resolution timing, etc.
- Responsible for examining existing scheduling, warranty, and quality processes and recommending improvements.
- Works with Technical Support & Field Service to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in deployment of personnel, tools, and supplies.
- Works with Service team to identify key requirements for scheduling, service and reporting software and works with system supplier to implement.
- Work with technical support and customers to identify warranty failures and arrange for timely return for analysis.
- Work with technical support and customers to place warranty replacement orders and schedule onsite service as needed to meet customer requirements.
- Works with Xylem branch locations, manufacturing centers, and call center to process and submit warranty claims.
- Trains new staff on warranty claim process as needed
- Identifies and communicates to Field Service team requirements for site specific training, unusual hazards and special PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements.
- Follow and comply with all Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) policies.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 5 years’ administrative experience within a field service organization
- Strong internal & external customer focus.
- Timeliness, commitment to customer, and a driving sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Green Belt Certification Preferred (or willingness to acquire).
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Office/Warehouse: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop/Field: May occasionally work around pipes, vales, electrical equipment and operating machinery such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites, water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Travel: Infrequent travel (<10%) is required to fulfill the duties listed above>10%)>
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.