Associate Engineer - Test Automation-2Engineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Part 1 Describe the Position
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Manager, Transport – M&C Group at ITC - (Vadodara), this critical role will support Xylem in moving up the technology curve, from component supplier to a systems supplier, providing integrated products and intelligent solution offerings. The desired candidate conducts/participates in software testing for research, design, development and utilization of information processing hardware and/or software systems.
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Develop and execute automated test cases
- Work closely with the Development Team in Sweden and ITC engineering team to meet project goals and deadlines
- Set up and manage test environments
- Document and maintain system test specification and other related documents
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services
- Be proactive in understanding product roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers
Part 2 Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication
- Minimum of 0 to 2 years of experience in automation testing.
- Expertise in Python programming for test automation
- Knowledge about testing framework Selenium, TestNG etc. is required
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Must be quick learner, can adopt new technologies processes
Describe the most important skills required of the individual
- Ability to create test cases and perform manual testing based on requirements
- Ability to perform embedded product’s unit and functional tests using Python
- Ability to perform Web application’s automation tests using Selenium
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools like: TeamCity, Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual
- Adaptive learner- Learns quickly; applying knowledge from one domain to another, asking questions, following procedures but also challenging set ways of doing things when appropriate. Always being curious and availing self of all sources of technical, market, competitor and customer information.
- Innovative Thinking- Creates exciting new products, systems or solutions that solve real-world customer problems and anticipate customer needs by challenging assumptions, thinking 'outside the box', generating new ideas, experimenting and being ready to take on risks, scanning other fields for new ideas, leveraging existing technology and constantly looking for ways to do things better.
- Cross-Boundary Collaborator - Collaborates effectively within his/her own team and across functional, business, geographic, and cultural boundaries, showing a willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view. Proactively shares perspective and needed information with others in a timely and direct manner, helps others to achieve their goals. Works effectively within matrixed organizations across Xylem and collaborates on solutions that optimally address larger organization as well as local team goals.
Demonstrates sensitivity to interpersonal and cultural differences by adapting his or her own communication and working style appropriately, and acting in a respectful, inclusive way across geographic, cultural, functional, and organizational boundaries.
- Solution Design- Optimizes solutions for the customer based on the specification, balancing multiple variables to produce designs that meet customer needs and translating the customer's spoken and unspoken needs to compelling designs.
- Systems Thinking- Visualizes cause and effect relationships in complex systems, seeing connections between variables, deconstructing complex system problems down to discrete elements, foreseeing challenges before they become issues, understanding the effects of what-if scenarios and actions on products, systems, and customer applications.
- Technical Problem Solving - Solves complex technical problems with precision, differentiating symptom from root cause, utilizing all available tools, methods and resources and persisting in the face of obstacles
- Planning & Process Orientation- Demonstrates understanding of the complexity and risks involved in building products and systems and how all components integrate from design through manufacturing, anticipating issues, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of dependencies, and deploying successful mitigation strategies in order to effectively manage project plans, budgets and schedules. Drives the project with enthusiasm and confidence, remains upbeat in the face of setbacks, and keeps the group motivated and aligned to the goal. Encourages productive discussions that lead to innovation while maintaining needed discipline to keep the project moving forward within the defined scope. Establishes realistic commitments, and influences all parties to meet commitments with frequent, consistent follow-up conversations.
- Leading People & Teams- Effectively communicates the Xylem vision and translates it into actions that advances the vision within one’s own organization, and establishes the appropriate performance standards and measures to achieve it, motivating and energizing others, and aligning goals and resources. Promotes individual & team accomplishments in a timely manner while holding individual members accountable for results. Ensures work is delegated to the lowest appropriate career stages and level, and enables teams/groups to make independent decisions by creating the appropriate environment for effective decision making. Selects and promotes the appropriate skills and capabilities aligned to the organizational mission to assemble high performing teams while ensuring team diversity is maintained and leveraged.
- Inspires accountability- Accepts responsibility for one’s own actions, results, and subsequent learning. Demonstrates drive and a willingness to challenge the status quo. Aligns words with action: follows through on commitments, and openly and proactively communicates when commitments will not be met. Communicates with candor and conviction: takes a point of view, “speaks up” especially when not in agreement. Does not allow passive resistance to take hold in the organization. Engages in constructive conflict; discusses issues openly and honestly, assuming good intent, seeking a positive resolution while not letting issues fester or linger. Seeks out diverse views to see multiple sides of an issue, reframing problems to better understand issues and bring out different views.
Other: Comment on items not included above
- Working Conditions
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal, sparks)
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Extensive lab testing, moving small equipment, etc.