Sr. Continuous Improvement Specialist - HybridContinuous Improvement | Any Location - Florida, United States
We're Hiring for a Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist to lead project teams and to execute projects aligned to critical business priorities. These projects will generate financial results and drive process improvement and efficiency.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and work flows to improve efficiencies.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for advanced manufacturing processes and facility modifications to reduce labor hours and costs of manufacturing through Lean Manufacturing.
- Interfaces with other departments to identify improvement opportunities for driving high quality and efficient processes
- Mobilizes problem solving teams and supports groups to streamline processes
- Facilitates kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas, including effective preparation and follow-up
- Participates on multiple projects and applies continuous improvement techniques leveraging Lean Six Sigma methodologies to solve problems and build new capabilities.
- Shares best practices and develops coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements and remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Assist in development of long-range vision for ‘next-generation’ manufacturing plant.
- Apply Best in Class benchmarks, cost analysis, Lean Six Sigma techniques to study manufacturing systems and operations. Identify cost and quality improvement projects.
- Work with product engineering and development functions to enable successful product launch and VOD/VAVE initiatives
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- 5+ years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness and tangible financial benefit
- Hands-on and demonstrated experience with continuous improvement programs including employment of Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies
- Experienced in problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, A3’s, 5 Why, 8D’s and Fishbone diagrams, as well as creating documents such as FEMA’s, PFMEAs, control plans and flow charts
- Facilitated or participated in at least 2 separate week long kaizen events while performing proper preparation and follow up
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining detailed project plans for large scale projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management development and execution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- LSS Black Belt or Lean Master certification
- 5-10 years’ experience within a manufacturing industry that does machining, assembly, and welding.
- Experience working in union environments
- ERP/MRP knowledge and experience
- Robust knowledge of MS office applications including Project and Visio
Day in the Life:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Normal office and manufacturing environment
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
The estimated salary range for this position is $95,000 to $115,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.