Senior HR Business Partner (f/m/d) at our European HQ in SchaffhausenHuman Resources | Schaffhausen, Switzerland, Switzerland
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a leading global water technology company with 17.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are a global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR professional to work with a global team of smart and ambitious people. The role will be responsible for leading the Human Resources function at the European Headquarter in Schaffhausen and collaborating with the business, ensuring the delivery of the HR activities. As a Senior HR Business Partner, you will be working within the HR Europe team and with senior HR managers from the regional areas and Centers of Excellence on a broad variety of HR-related issues and projects. Working within a fast-paced environment, you will act as the key point of contact for your region and work on projects with other HR team members or cross-functionally in support of the enterprises strategic goals.
In addition, you will work closely with the Senior Functional Leaders in the development and delivery of the people strategy in a true business partner style, sharing knowledge with the wider team and acting as a mentor to support the development of fellow ambitious colleagues. This support includes leading the implementation of core HR field initiatives regarding the culture, engagement, succession planning, talent development, as well as HR processes and training.
Location: Schaffhausen in Switzerland, but Home office / Remote options are also possible with regular presence on-site. This role will report to the VP HR Water Infrastructure – CT Europe.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze current trends, culture survey info, policies and reporting to make recommendations on improvements to the workplace. Gather and analyze HR and client feedback and diagnose business / people issues to collaborate with local management in developing and implementing solutions
- Support organization design, people development and change management focused on development and implementation of activities against business strategy
- Serve as the strategic partner to the VP HR WI-Europe CT about driving talent development, engagement, and core HR initiatives for the field organization
- Support talent management processes in the field including the performance review process, succession planning, leadership assessments and internal talent movement. Drives and facilitates identification of high potential talent and build a strategic plan to support the growth of the business
- Provide information, or facilitate partners' ability to obtain information, about benefits, compensation and training
- Handle all escalated employee relations issues and concerns by working with internal partners and senior leaders to determine resolutions. Must be experienced with internal investigatory processes and how to ensure outcomes are fair, consistent, and compliant with company policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Lead Labor Relations when required. Provide consultation and support to managers on HR issues and applicable company policies and employment laws
- Understand company reporting and analyze effectively to make timely recommendations to alleviate risk or positively influence the business or associates
- Participate in designing and implementing training and development programs. Cooperate with external consulting companies. Optimize the investment (optimal use of public funds)
- Staffing/recruiting in cooperation with our TA Team and local agencies (applicant flow, pre-employment, interviews, on-boarding for personnel, students, and temporary employees). Recruit the best talents and organize for them the needed induction plam
- Manage the annual salary review process
- Facilitate client compliance with HR policy and coaches’ clients on Xylem values, behaviors and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) as required
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience supporting multiple locations and remote customers
- Bachelor’s / master’s in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, or another related field required
- Fluent in German and English
- Demonstrated working knowledge of HR-related employee law and regulations
- Superior customer service orientation, rigorous, responsive and great sense of confidentiality
- Ethics and Compliance must be part of the DNA
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and HRIS systems (for example Workday)
- Proven expertise in talent management, workforce planning, change management, organizational development, and other strategic people initiatives
- Prior experience working for a large corporation
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, matrix environment, with a track record of accomplishments with measurable business impact. Ability to quickly learn new skills, systems, and procedures – adaptable
- Experience in creating lasting change using intentional organizational design and development practices
- Full knowledge of the legal implications of the employment relationship
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and utilize data to influence business decisions. Understanding where the data sits and how to combine it to support actions and decisions.
- A continuous improvement mindset and familiarity with continuous improvement practices.
- Project management skills. Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Emotional Intelligence
- Building talent capability
- Good sense of humor
- Consulting & Business Partnership
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Sr. Corporate Recruiter at +49 1621374371.
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.