Reservoir Program InternCommunications | Washington D.C., United States
We’re Hiring for a Reservoir Center Program Intern!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Xylem seeks to hire a Reservoir Center Program Intern. The Reservoir Center for Water Solutions – or “Reservoir” for short - will serve as a place to bring together stakeholders across the global water community and collaborate on solving shared challenges. This kind of cooperation is essential to solving the world’s biggest water affordability, quality and resilience challenges and enabling a more water-secure, sustainable future. The Reservoir Center is located in Washington DC (near the Nationals’ ballpark).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ensure Reservoir achieves its strategic objectives of positioning Reservoir as a sector unifier and thought leader
- Build partnerships with the DC community and youth to turn Reservoir into the global crossroads of the sector
- Contribute towards the development of policies and procedures for Reservoir facility access by partner organizations
- Ensure productive utilization of the Reservoir space
- Support work on a series of substantive programs
- Coordinate and participate in Watermark volunteer activities
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Graduate Degree.
- Working knowledge or interest in the water sector, including experience with water and wastewater treatment, transport, and measurement technologies
- Interest interfacing with public policy, sustainability, and water technology experts
- Demonstrated effective relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Experience and demonstrated success in organizing, convening and mobilizing cross-functional teams
- Intellectual curiosity, interdisciplinary thinking, and the ability to ‘connect the dots’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for water and sustainability
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.