Rental Sales Manager - North East (Remote)Sales | Any Location - United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
To proactively promote the sale of the company's Rental services across the Northern region to both existing and new customers.
The position will be responsible for the development of business in the Northern Region in the way of developing sales with customers such as Industrial, Construction, Environmental, Offshore, Ports, Airports, Road & Rail as well as municipal utilities/end users (Frameworks) along with Contractors and Consultants for focusing on sales opportunity.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- To support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company.
- To develop and grow existing and previously lost Rental customers and obtain new Rental customers in the northern region that suit the Xylem Rental scope of supply and service capability to win and maximise the potential gain in share of wallet.
- Proactive key account management to develop and upsell Rental solutions to the end user through the provision of Xylem equipment and/or services.
- Adherence to all SLA's associated with the regions key accounts
- Plan and produce strategic rental sales plans to target and obtain rental growth in the region.
- Regular visits to sites and customer premises across the region to assist with the identification of solutions, rental scoping of works and to follow this through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Submission of reports (including monthly report to line manager), itineraries, forecasts using Salesforce CRM and other information as required by the Sales Director
- Assist the Rental team in the achievement of the overall Company and Regional goals
- To support colleagues in the Company, in particular across Regional and departmental boundaries to ensure that the Company's Rental goals are achieved.
- Responding to the request from customers to provide technical support and making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Promotion of the Company's products and its Service activities.
- Close liaison with and support of the Service & Rental Area Service Managers (ASM) and their regional operations team(s), Internal Sales, Tendering and Contracts departments and the wider Service and Rental Departments.
- To support the Marketing Department with the provision of Customer information and data, using Salesforce CRM, and with the successful development/launch of new products.
- Constant evaluation and regular reporting of all market conditions within the area.
- Constant evaluation of regular reporting of competitors' activities, products and services in area.
- Liaison with FSE's and Ops managers in other areas and the constant interchange or relevant information to promote Rental in the Northern region.
- To actively manage the Northern Region Rental Orders & Sales Budget for all UK regions, whilst identifying growth areas to enhance set budgets.
- To research and maintain market intelligence, including information on competitors and price levels to assist in day to day decisions and the formulation of strategy and budget planning regarding the allocated markets.
- To monitor competitor performance on agreements.
- Ensuring customer accounts are managed effectively from a Finance perspective by working closely with the Xylem Accounts department to ensure accounts do not become overdue and that measures are in place to monitor customer payments.
- Ability to organise, facilitate and deliver Xylem Presentations, Lunch & Learns etc. direct to all Customer variants. Ability to organise customer events such as innovation days, site visits, factory visits and other associated customer facing events as part of the annual marketing plan or the strategic customer business plan for the region.
- Achievement of Rental Order & Sales targets across all verticals
- Planning meetings and organising time such that all the requirements of the job are met
- Development of full strategic rental sales plans and sales potential of Key customers
- Identification and development of new rental customers
- The introduction of new rental products & services to new and existing customers and introduction of existing products & services to new customers and new applications
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management. i.e. Dispute resolution, troubleshooting customer issues, managing customer complaints, and reacting to customer emergency requests.
- Experience in selling rental solutions (including complex solutions) from design to on-time delivery
- Relevant product (Specifically Flygt & Godwin brands) knowledge
- In-depth rental market knowledge (Customers and competitors)
- Rental sales skills and experience
- Computer Literate
- Communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and travel extensively in the region to meet set goals & objectives
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- CRM knowledge (Salesforces preferred)
- Leading by example, a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Embracing and Managing Change.
- Customer Responsiveness & Intimacy.
- Developing ‘Own Capability’ Mindset (i.e. Training).
- Sales Acumen & execution.
- Embracing Ownership & Accountability.
- Ability to Forecast Future Order Intake.
- Sales Strategy Planning & Business Development.
- Priority Management Mindset.