Intern - Mechanical Engineer - Summer 2024Engineering | Lubbock, TX, United States
We’re Hiring for an Mechanical Engineering Intern!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Xylem seeks to hire an Engineering Intern for the Xylem-AWS-Lubbock, Texas facility. As a member of the Engineering Team, the Engineering Intern is an educational enhancement role. Candidate must have a basic understanding of mechanical engineering practices. Candidate should be willing to work with the broader engineering team on a number of engineering related tasks detailed below.
We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Improvement activities on the production floor
- Work on various engineering tasks and projects under the oversite of the Engineering Mgr. or senior engineers.
- Design of production fixtures
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities
- Standard work creation
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Co-op arrangement to be established with individuals currently enrolled in a post-secondary University diploma program in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in CREO and AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly and be self-directed.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Possess good time management and organizational skills.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a mix of office and manufacturing shop, so some exposure to inclement weather is possible. Proper PPE is required when on the shop floor and will be provided. The physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, lifting up to 25 lbs, etc.