Field Technician WATER TECHNOLOGYSales | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Xylem seeks to hire a Field Technician, a qualified individual who executes complex projects, maintains equipment, and is able to delegate simpler tasks to newer technicians. This is a position that requires someone who is great with technology/mechanics, can problem solve, and is a team player. This position allows for career growth and will develop more extensive knowledge of the current company technologies.
- Completes site assessments and operates equipment on both pressurized and depressurized pipelines.
- Provide basic maintenance on tools/equipment across locations and project sites
- Support regional inventory, material handling, and warehouse needs as required.
- May act in the role of Site manager for simple technology projects with supervision
- May coordinate preparation and planning of single technology projects
- Ability to train more junior technicians on the proper handling and use of equipment as per standard operating procedures
- Provides feedback to the safety and technical teams on concerns and makes recommendations for improvement
- Identify opportunities to influence and promote inter-team and project collaboration
- Focused on continuous improvement by consistently looking for ways to improve and promote quality, efficacy, and safety
- High School Diploma with up to 3-5 years of previous field/shop/construction experience
- Post Secondary education a plus; certification in an engineering discipline preferred; with 1-2 years of previous work experience in a field/shop/construction environment
- Proven ability to make decisions that are based on analytics/facts/observations and adhere to standard operating procedures/policies
- Fluent in Italia and good level of English
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and/or maps and can translate to the field
- Exhibits proficient technical/mechanical aptitude proven through education/work experience
- Availability travel between 50% to 75% in Italy & Europe
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Previous experience within a water services/utility organization a plus
- Be able to work in confined space strongly desired; confined space certified
- Safety and CPR certification a plus
- Knowledge of water systems
CONTRACT: Permanent, full time
LOCATION: Lainate (MI)
BENEFIT: Company canteen + bonus welfare
TRAVEL: 50%- 75% in Europe
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.