Field Technician - CPOperations | Edmonton, AB, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Field Technician - Cathodic Protection!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Technician - Cathodic Protection will be responsible for completing tasks related to the installation, energization, and maintenance of cathodic protection and AC mitigation systems.
We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties below satisfactorily:
- Responsible for completing tasks related to the installation, energization, and maintenance of cathodic protection and AC mitigation systems.
- Plan & perform annual adjustive surveys, including the following: measuring & recording structure-to-soil potential data, rectifier monitoring & maintenance, soil measurements.
- Receive any additional training necessary to install, test, adjust and/or repair rectifiers, anodes, and CP test points / stations.
- Perform continuity tests and soil resistivity measurements.
- Locate pipelines and document positional pipeline information utilizing electro-magnetic and GPS equipment.
- Perform depth-of-cover, close-interval CP and coating surveys.
- Document physical features of installation site for subsequent detailed as-built drawings.
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operational function of assigned vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Responsible to coordinate and complete the specific project task objectives.
- Responsible for the infield training and development of other junior project team members.
- Work with the junior and senior team leaders and other designated personnel in the participation of work plans for various assigned projects.
- Develop and follow project completion strategies to ensure efficient project workflow.
- Responsible for the profitable delivery of PureHM products and services in the field.
- Respond promptly to customer/project issues in co-operation with all project & PureHM administrative personnel.
- Provide on-site technical advice to team personnel as required and provide team members information regarding technical problems to allow a remedial plan to be determined in a cost-effective manner.
- Follow PureHM’s and client’s operations and HSE procedures and policies.
- Ensure that all required reporting is submitted to the PureHM team leaders and safety representative including, but not limited to, operational reporting (i.e. Health & Safety inspection forms, near-misses, incident reports, etc.
- Complete time & expense submissions in a timely manner to keep project costs current.
- Follow equipment & inventory removal/addition procedures to ensure accurate counts.
- Work with other divisional technical staff in a supportive and positive manner.
- Complete tasks in a level of quality expected from PureHM clients.
- Maintain a positive culture of employee’s attitudes towards work and each other.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
- NACE Cathodic Protection Level 2 or 3 Certification.
- Alberta Industry Training CP Level 1 or 2 Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical cathodic protection experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas pipeline industry.
- Be available to travel for multiple days to remote locations ( >70%).
- Able to work in various temperature and climate conditions - willing and able to spend long days on foot over rugged, remote terrain in inclement weather.
- The ability and desire to learn new tasks.
- Good verbal communication, writing competency and computer skills.
- Mature and professional attitude towards work.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong team attitude with commitment to customer service.
- Ability to manage time to maintain scheduling for meeting appropriate deadlines.
- Any or all the following safety certifications would be an asset:
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid – CPR/AED Level C
- Ground Disturbance – Level II
- ATV Training
- UTV Training
- Argo Training
- Snowmobile Training
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.