Xylem Innovation Labs - Innovation AnalystProduct Management | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Innovation Analyst will work on the Xylem Innovation Labs team, a collaborative team-oriented environment, to support Xylem’s internal accelerator program. Primary responsibilities revolve around engaging the open innovation partners in the water industry and managing recruitment for the Accelerator program. The Analyst will also conduct market analyses, & technical assessments, and put together compelling business cases all in the pursuit of driving growth through innovation by bringing new and innovative technologies to market.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead Xylem Innovation Labs’ end-to-end scouting and recruitment process for the Accelerator program including identifying the business’s most pressing needs, scouting and recruiting best candidates, managing applications/voting process, etc.
- Develop and manage decision-support tools to ensure that innovation decisions are aligned with corporate strategy and mission
Engages with the open innovation ecosystem in the water industry, managing relationships with range of stakeholders including non-profits, investment firms, consulting agencies, EPCs, municipalities, etc.
- Evaluates water technologies from a market, financial, and technological standpoint. Conduct high-level technical assessments of new technologies, coordinating with subject-matter-experts to complete detailed technical analyses. Must be able to understand and communicate the differences and implications of one technology versus another
- Manage Xylem Innovation Labs' external communications and marketing presence
- Puts together presentations in standard formatting used in the startup/investment community that clearly demonstrates the driver for a particular technology/solution (e.g. problem, market opportunity, proposed solution, technology, traction, team, and recommendations, etc.)
- Coordinates data with other teams and stakeholders across the organization to promote collaboration and drive decisions including and not limited to product management, R&D, sales, & business functions
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Attend international conferences both in-person and online
- Utilize agile IT tools for team communication and collaboration, including promoting these tools to drive innovation culture across the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience, or an MBA/Masters with 3+ years of experience; background in project management, environmental sciences, business a plus
- Prior experience with decision-making and data visualization tools like Microsoft Power BI a plus
- Able to communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization; demonstrated ability to express complex ideas, present results, and translate technical terminology to various levels of management
- Adept at industry and market analysis - including competitive landscaping - across the water industry in all markets and geographies that the company may conduct business in
- Team player that can work in a fast-paced environment with teammates distributed across geographies/time zones
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build strong, trusting relationships
- Curious, inquisitive, and a fast learner
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Comfort with decision-making
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility\
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. + 25% Travel + Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.